Being in the fitness industry, people are often surprised when I share with them that I still eat pizza. They are even more surprised when I say that it’s a healthy part of my diet.
You see, the reason why people struggle with weight loss so regularly is that they develop this all-or-nothing mentality, when the key consists in applying balance. Think about it, if you eat 4-6 moderately sized meals a day, that’s an upwards of about 35 meals a week. Moreover, if one of those meals include a couple slices of pizza, that’s only 1 meal out of 30+.
The answer to reaching your fitness goals is not by consistently being perfect and avoiding the foods you love, the answer is to find an enjoyable and sustainable regimen that allows you to enjoy the foods you love in moderation while remaining in a caloric deficit.
Remember, any diet that prevents you from being healthy, losing weight and enjoying the foods you love all at once, is not sustainable.
Low Carb – High Protein Pizza
Cauliflower, chopped 2 cups
Cheese, grated 1/2 cup
Chicken, grilled and shredded 6 oz.
Parsley and oregano
Tomato sauce or pasta sauce 3/4 cup
Fresh spinach 1 handful
- Set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a knife to cut and scrape florets from a head of cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a food processor or blender and pulse until it has a texture like rice. Measure 2 packed cups, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add two eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, and a dash of parsley and oregano to the cauliflower. Mix together with a fork until it takes a dough-like consistency.
- Add cooking spray to a pizza pan and add cauliflower dough. Pat into a pizza shape approximately 10-12 inches across. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until it is completely cooked and golden brown.
- Add sauce, a light layer of additional cheese (optional), chicken, spinach, and any other ingredients you desire.
- Put back in the oven for 3-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
An entire pizza consists of 627 calories, equaling out to about 35 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbs and 70 grams of protein.